Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finding joy. Yes, it has been somewhat of a struggle these days. Not that I don't want to find joy or it doesn't exist, it's just the fact that in the midst of all my blessings, I don't always see it.  I tend to see all the work that needs to get done and all the discipline issues to resolve...temporarily. Living in a household with 8 other people always lends itself to lots of opportunities to be selfish or loving. So many times, myself included, we choose selfishness.
There are those times, when you see some light, some kind deed offered to another without being told. Let's all sing the Hallelujah Chorus! It is a day by day choice to be in God's Word and to rely on His strength. So hard some days. There are the times when I lose it and have to come back to my kids and apologize.

I know that while we are in this flesh we will continue to battle our sinful nature. I do want to find those times that bring a smile to my face and store those memories up and to have my children recall them, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment