Wednesday, January 25, 2012

 Jesse's 4 year birthday.

Change is in the air! Ugh, I don't like change most of the time. It all started at the beginning of the school year this past fall. I had all my plans written down for the year, schedules printed, chores given, everything in order...on paper. Yes, I did my best to make it work, but slowly, painfully, things got more and more crazy. Why is it that everything rises and falls on the mom, if things are going to work? As the year progressed, things got stressful and I felt like I was always trying to catch up.

My dear husband saw my sad, stressed face and asked me about my schedule, which had been totally destroyed and made into what I like to call, a routine. It was just not working for all the many things, chores, grades, laundry, meals, activities that I am responsible for. So, the other night, he sat down and did a nice schedule for me. Today, we implemented it. I'll have to admit that I yelled a lot less and things went smoother, a lot smoother. I am what you might call a free spirit. He, on the other hand, is not. He likes order and discipline. I like order, but if it interfers with my fun, than I can put it off for awhile. I know, that's bad.

God is teaching me to grow and change through my family. My faults and failures are so evident, especially being with each other so much. I am grateful that God's grace, mercy and love are knocking off  those areas that need to go! With His help, change is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment